Kindergarten Round Up & New Student Enrollment
May 1st & 2nd
Office Hours 8 AM- 4 PM
Required Documentation for Enrollment
Proof of Residency (Utility bill or curret lease agreement)
Enrollment online is also available through infosnap. (When enrolling online please make sure to select 2017-2018 school year.) Please come to the Pearl Creek office on May 1st or 2nd to complete the enrollment process and pick up important information regarding the start of school in August.
Performance Evaluation for Alaska Students (PEAKS) begins March 28. Students in grades 3 through 6 will participate in this computer based state assessment. Classes will have one session for English Language Arts (approximately 80 minutes) and one session for Mathematics(approximately 80 minutes). Fourth grade students will have an additional session for Science.
Please check the testing schedule below. It is helpful to provide your child with a good rest the night before testing, and a heatlhy, protein rich breakfast the morning of testing. Kids appreciate a large snack on testing days too!
- Addis- ELA April 3 & Math April 10
- Sivin- ELA April 3 & Math April 10
- Graves- ELA April 3 & Math April 10
- Jacobs- ELA March 30 & Math April 7
- Hammer- ELA March 31, Math April 6 & Science April 11
- Sassman- ELA March 30, Math April 6 & Science April 11
- Keller- ELA March 31, Math April 7 & Science(4th graders only) April 11
- Brent- ELA March 29 & Math April 5
- Finnell- ELA March 29 & Math April 5
- Dunavin- ELA March 28 & Math April 4
- Powers- ELA March 28 & Math April 4
There is additional information, including practice tests, available at the district website through this link: https://www.k12northstar.org/page/6352
The Fairbanks North Star Borough School District Board of Education is considering making an adjustment to the 2017-2018 academic calendar and is collecting public input through April 24.
The Fairbanks North Star Borough Board of Education approved the school district 2017-2018 Recommended Budget at a March 30 special meeting in a 5-1 vote.