For more information please speak with your child's teacher or our school counselor, Mrs. Frymark.
Joy Peaks Testing Dates:
- APRIL 13---ELA Part 1
- APRIL 14---ELA Part 2
- APRIL 15---ELA Part 3 (4th/5th)
- APRIL 16---Remote/eLearning ELA
- APRIL 20---Math Part 1
- APRIL 21---Math Part 2
- APRIL 22---Science (5th/8th)
- APRIL 23---Remote/eLearning Math
- APRIL 26-----Remote/eLearning Science (5th/8th Grade)
- APRIL 27-----Makeups
- APRIL 28-----Makeups
- APRIL 29-----Makeups
- APRIL 30-----Makeups
Joy office hours are 8am-3pm. School hours are 8:10-1:10
- Please call First Student for late bus information. 456-6921
- Be sure to chedule bus pick up with transportation (if needed)
- Please make sure your student and their teacher know how your child will get home. Bus rider (provide bus #) , parent pick up.
- You must call the school to change your child's regular end of day schedule. If they usually ride a bus we will put them on the bus unless you call or send in a note to state they will be picked up that day. Calls must be in to the office by 12:30.
ARRIVAL AND DISMISSAL PROCEDURES
Arrival and dismissal procedures have changed this year to minimize the mixing of grade-level groups. See the map below designating entry and exit doors for students dropped off and picked up by family and students who ride the bus. We have included short videos to help explain our procedures.
Students may enter the building at 8:00 A.M. Staff are assigned at each door to let students in as all doors will remain locked. If students arrive early they will need to wait outside or on the bus until it is time to enter. If they arrive after 8:10 A.M. they will need to enter through the main entrance of the school as all staff will be in classrooms with students. School dismisses at 1:10 P.M. each day.
HELPFUL LINKS BELOW:
Posted April 7, 2021 | During the Board of Education Regular Meeting on Tuesday, April 6 the Board of Education voted to suspend the superintendent search, meaning they will not be moving forward with the superintendent candidate finalists Justin Barnes, Vickie Cartwright, and Corey Weiss.
Scholarship Alert: Hutchison Hawk Warner Mentch Secures $180,000 scholarship
Posted on March 29, 2021 | The Fairbanks North Star Borough School District Board of Education is pleased to announce that three individuals have accepted invitations to interview as finalists in the search for a new superintendent.
Posted on March 29, 2021 | The School Board Special Meeting began on Saturday, March 27 at 9:00am via blended format.