To Enroll in BEST:
1. Enroll online in PowerSchool
2. Meet with your Education Specialist:
- Elementary/Middle School- Last Name A-Q Barb Sivin
- Elementary/Middle School- Last Name R-Z Nelique Brons
- High School Kristan Kelly
3. Enroll in Brightways. Click Here: Brightways.
4. Create your Individual Learning Plan (ILP) after you have spoken with your Education Specialist.
Check Out this Website for free student help: tutor.com/Alaska. Student assistance from noon to 2:00 AM after students set up an account.
McKinney-Vento Homeless Education Assistance ActIf your family lives in any of the following situations:
Contact - Leona McDaniels (907) 452-2000 ext. 11431 or Sarah Emmal 1-877-854-5437.
- In a shelter, motel, vehicle, or campground
- On the street
- In an abandoned building, trailer, or other inadequate accommodations, or
- Doubled up with friends or relatives because you cannot find or afford housing
Happy July! I hope you had a fun Independence Day holiday and have been able to enjoy our beautiful State this summer. School staff are slowly returning to buildings, with high school principals starting this week. We look forward to the rest of our staff returning in the next few weeks.
The 2020-21 School Start Survey was designed for parents/guardians and district employees to share their perspectives on a variety of subjects pertaining to the 2020-21 school year.
Hello School District Family, The district is fully engaged in Smart Start planning for next school year. This is a daunting task, and our plan will impact the entire community. We have included a wide variety of stakeholders to be sure we consider the full spectrum of thoughts and perspectives. As we move through the planning process, I will update you on our progress. The most critical information I can share with you right now is this: As long as we are experiencing the COVID-19 pandemic, the best-case scenario for schools is a Low Risk environment. The Green Zone describes a Low Risk environment. It is not an environment with no risk where we can assume normal operating procedures. The Green Zone requires 6 feet of social distancing, and a variety of other precautions that will significantly impact how we deliver instruction.