Flyer Submission Process
School district policy and administrative regulation 1123.5 set limits on the types of flyers and other information that can be distributed to students or displayed in schools.
All of the schools provide places where flyers, posters or other printed information about events or activities can be posted. To post a flyer in a school an organization must first obtain approval from the school district. To be approved, the activity being advertised through the flyer must:
- Benefit students
- Be sponsored by a not-for-profit or government organization
- Be age-level appropriate
Additionally, all flyers must meet the following standards:
- It must be clearly written
- It must include the name and contact number of the sponsoring organization
Organizations must submit any proposed flyers to the school district's Public Relations office well in advance of the event. The Public Relations office no longer accepts faxed, emailed, mailed or hand-delivered fliers for approval. In the past, dealing with all that paper was slowing down the process of getting fliers approved. To be approved, the flyer (in PDF format) MUST be submitted using the Web form below.
Once a flyer is submitted, the Public Relations office will make a determination within five business days. The submitting organization will be informed at the email address they provide below of the school district's decision.
Flyer Approval Process
- Not-for-profit organization submits proposed flyer, (in PDF format), to the Public Relations office through this web site. Your request must be submitted well in advance of the event or activity. Please note: the approval process can take up to 5 business days.
- Once successfully submitted, you will receive an email message confirming the receipt of your request. All communication regarding your request will be sent to the email address you submit with your flyer.
- Once the flyer is reviewed by our staff, you will receive an additional email message informing you of our decision to deny or approve your flyer for distribution. If the flyer is approved you will receive specific instructions on how to proceed.