Career & Technical Education
Career & Technical Education (CTE) programs in the Fairbanks North Star Borough School District are committed to providing our diverse student population with a dynamic and meaningful educational experience, which will prepare them for the challenges of the 21st century.
It is our mission to prepare students to succeed in a constantly changing and increasingly technical workplace. We aspire to empower students with critical thinking and problem-solving skills, a global perspective, and creativity that will enable them to make ethical choices and decisions in all aspects of their lives. We add value within the community and provide solutions for the betterment of our society.
- Provide opportunities for students to explore potential careers and assist them in identifying and developing a career path of interest.
- Foster the student’s potential to contribute to and participate in a rapidly changing technological society.
- Use innovative learning approaches to help students realize their academic potential.
- Integrate academic and career technical skills, stressing the relationship between theoretical knowledge and practical application.
- Help students develop skills in problem-solving and in thinking globally, logically, creatively, and critically.
- Develop seamless transition opportunities for post-secondary training and learning.
- Prepare students for entrance into the workforce with marketable skills.
- Create a system of reciprocal resources by building partnerships with parents, business, industry, and the community.
- Prepare students to be self-sufficient and productive citizens.
Career & Technical Education Curriculum Revision
The CTE Curriculum is currently being revised and will be up for adoption by the School Board in the spring of 2013. Drafts are being posted for review and available on our Curriculum Guides Web page.