Performance Evaluation for Alaska Students (PEAKS) begins March 28. Students in grades 3 through 6 will participate in this computer based state assessment. Classes will have one session for English Language Arts (approximately 80 minutes) and one session for Mathematics(approximately 80 minutes). Fourth grade students will have an additional session for Science.
Please check the testing schedule below. It is helpful to provide your child with a good rest the night before testing, and a heatlhy, protein rich breakfast the morning of testing. Kids appreciate a large snack on testing days too!
- Addis- ELA April 3 & Math April 10
- Sivin- ELA April 3 & Math April 10
- Graves- ELA April 3 & Math April 10
- Jacobs- ELA March 30 & Math April 7
- Hammer- ELA March 31, Math April 6 & Science April 11
- Sassman- ELA March 30, Math April 6 & Science April 11
- Keller- ELA March 31, Math April 7 & Science(4th graders only) April 11
- Brent- ELA March 29 & Math April 5
- Finnell- ELA March 29 & Math April 5
- Dunavin- ELA March 28 & Math April 4
- Powers- ELA March 28 & Math April 4
There is additional information, including practice tests, available at the district website through this link: http://www.k12northstar.org/page/6352
Reminder of the best steps to be prepared for activation of alternate bus stops.